Our client has a vacancy for an Architectural Project Manager to endeavour to secure projects for customers, ideally through specifications, by advising architects, specifiers, Quantity Surveyors and main contractors of Company products and their capabilities, and promoting the benefits of using the Company package. The role is operating in the North of England and Scotland. You must live in the Edinburgh or Glasgow area to be considered.
To ensure the hold of specifications by full coordination of each process in the procurement chain. From initial design, tender/fabricator selection and procurement by main contractor or design and build contractor the Architectural Projects Manager is fully responsible for the full co-ordination of each project.
To work closely with the main contractor community to secure “open spec” work or work which is being constructed under Design and Build or PFI or any other form of contract.
To establish and build upon relationships with main contractors to ensure Company systems are selected for projects where the main contractor has influence on the chosen system.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
• Previous experience in dealing with architects in the target area in particular
on matters relating to design and specification.
• Previous experience with the design/construction of facades or building
envelopes and familiarity with related structural issues.
• Familiarity with the construction industry in general and the technical/
commercial processes which are central features of all significant projects
• A proven track record of successful business development.
• A technical background (e.g. civil engineering) with a natural ability to deal
with technical issues.
• Ability to produce outline technical drawings unaided.
• Well-developed inter-personal skills.
• Patience and diplomacy to pursue long term objectives.
• Self-motivated with the determination to achieve results and win against
• Commercial awareness and judgement to assess priorities and deal with
them effectively to achieve business goals.
• An eye for detail and natural creativity.
• Ability to plan and manage time efficiently to achieve optimum effectiveness.
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available.