Our client has a vacancy for an Assistant Accountant, providing maternity cover. The role will report to the Management Accountant.
Responsibilities will include:
• Maintain bank reconciliations, investigating any variances and being a final gatekeeper to ensure accurate postings are made by both sections
• Preparation of the Daily Cash Report
• Reconciling weekly currency memos statements from Group
• Prepare weekly unreconciled report for review with Management Accountant
• Prepare weekly unmatched payment report, recognising areas of risk and working with the team to resolving queries in a timely manner
• Process supplier payments on banking system (HSBC) and post these payments
• Generate supplier BACs file for payment
• Calculate and maintain customer rebates
• Fixed asset control
• Depreciation calculation and reconciliation
• Maintain and analysis CAPEX spend, exploring variances and reporting back to management
• Balance sheet reconciliations
• Preparation of Sales Commissions
• Creation and distribution of sales agent invoices and statements
• Calculating Warranty return provision and advising team on potential gains
• Cash in Transit calculation and posting
• Inter-company account reconciliation
• Adhoc tasks/projects
The ideal candidate will be AAT Qualified, or equivalent and be ‘Bank Rec specialist’ being very experienced in bank reconciliations and bank postings. They will also be computer literate with good experience working with Microsoft Excel, ERP and other systems.
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available.