Our client has a vacancy for a Commercial Property Solicitor to provide a high quality legal service to the firm’s clients and conduct own cases and assist other fee-earners and partners in providing advice and representation to the firm’s clients.
• To take on and run client matters generated by the senior lawyers within the team, such matters to include:
o Landlord & Tenant (acting for both)
o Agreements for Lease (including with development obligations and either unconditional or conditional on planning, landlords consent, necessary easements and rights, funding etc),
o Funding agreements
o Options and rights of pre-emption
o Overage and clawback arrangements
o Planning agreements (s106 and s278)
o Leasehold Assignments
o Freehold Acquisition and Disposal
o Acting for lenders
o Development – acting in site acquisition, planning and leasehold disposals.
o To include a small amount of residential property work for key commercial clients.
Knowledge, skills and qualifications
• Ideally 3-5 year PQE but candidates with less experience will be considered
• Able to conduct own caseload with minimal supervision
• Knowledge and understanding of the SRA Code of Conduct and other relevant regulatory
• Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• IT skills commensurate with the role including ability to work with limited secretarial assistance utilising firm’s case management system
• Commercial and financial awareness including ability to take responsibility for financial control of own client matters
• Able to develop positive relationships with clients and manage client expectations
• Effective prioritisation with ability to meet deadlines and manage time effectively
• Marketing, networking and business development skills commensurate with the role
Limits on authority
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available.