Our client is a well-respected law firm and has a permanent vacancy for a Compliance and HR Assistant. The role involves assisting the Practice Manager in a wide range of regulatory and compliance work and there is plenty of scope for personal development. The successful applicant will have an outstanding opportunity to develop the profile of the department and to progress further at the firm.
Reporting to the Practice Manager, the successful candidate will handle a diverse and challenging workload to facilitate the delivery of the firm’s legal services. Duties may include but not be limited to:
• assisting with the management of the back office
• drafting HR correspondence
• co-ordinating the creation of a new company website
• occasional day-to-day accounts
• recruitment of staff
• researching and creating policy updates on regulatory compliance including SRA and SAR’s changes
• organisation of the firm’s PII, LEXCE,
• Practising certificate and CQS renewals
• absence management
• attending partners meetings
• negotiating with third party suppliers and developing organisational and performance systems.
Excellent organisational skills and the ability to find solutions to complex issues will therefore be essential. This is a hands-on role suited to a dedicated professional who thrives under pressure and would like to become an integral part of a practices continued success. The role will include some manual handling.
Candidates should ideally have:
• Strong academics,
• Previous relevant experience within the legal or accounts environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills- including policy drafting
• Ability to adhere to and manage deadlines with minimal supervision
• Exceptional IT skills
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available.