Our client has a permanent vacancy for a Credit Controller to provide an effective and efficient credit control service to the firm with the aim of obtaining prompt settlement of outstanding bills. They will consider full or part time applications for this role.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To deliver practical services of outstanding quality that are focused on the client’s needs.
• Use the computerised credit control system to chase clients by letter on a weekly basis, with the objective of being in a position to take legal action if a bill remains unpaid at 60 days.
• Send out emails to fee-earners/partners who advise if chase letter need suspending/reinstating every week.
• Print and send out statements on a monthly basis.
• Chase clients for payment by telephone/email.
• Liaise by memo, email and telephone with all fee-earners, with regard to any bills not being pursued in the standard way.
• Maintain an accurate monitoring system, to ensure action is taken on every overdue bill.
• Deal with all incoming queries both from debtors and fee-earners with regard to bill queries, payment proposals, etc. to include negotiating, advising and recommending necessary action to be taken where appropriate, also liaising with the Finance Director.
• Maintaining and monitoring the system to ensure all instalment payments are received on time and chasing defaulters if necessary.
• Prepare a monthly report to the Board.
• To allocate cheques against outstanding invoices.
• Undertake any other reasonable duties as required.
Skills / Experience
• Attention to detail
• Previous credit control/accounts experience
Education / Qualifications
Good GCSE Grades - C above
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available.