Our client has a permanent vacancy for a Facilities Assistant to provide a broad range of service functions providing support to all departments within and for the building.
• To ensure the building is clean and tidy and generally well maintained (reporting broken light bulbs, removing empty cardboard boxes, cleaning spillages.)
• Control and empty paper waste from production department
• Control of the waste ensuring the carton, paper and general waste are disposed of in the appropriate bins
• Empty office recycle bins and dispose in the correct bin
• Liaising with the shift leaders unwrap paper reels as necessary and remove wrapping to carton waste
• Ensure that the grounds, car park etc remain tidy and litter free and that any maintenance issues in these areas are reported to the Facilities Manager
• Ensure that the production floor is kept to the acceptable standard agreed using various methods including sweeping, mopping, hand scrubbing and the use of an industrial cleaner.
• To check and restock the office and production kitchen (coffee, tea and sugar) daily. Advising the receptionist of any stock required
• To ensure that both production and office kitchens are kept clean and dishwasher emptied appropriately
• To weigh waste paper in line with the company’s key performance indicator
• To help prepare, set up and dismantle furniture and equipment in training room as required.
• To prepare refreshments (Tea and Coffee) for larger events in the Training Room
• To ensure that the office is kept well stocked with the appropriate paper for the printers
• To work with IT and facilities on the deliveries into Good In for their respective departments
• To assist with office moves and relocations.
• To carry out general maintenance tasks as agreed
• As instructed during the winter months prepare the external steps and access to the buildings this will involve the clearing of snow from car parks and driveways
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Effective team member with a flexible approach to work
• Flexible approach to change
• Confidence in dealing with queries
• The ability to deal with people at different levels and adopt a professional attitude at all times.
• Ability to work to set targets under pressure and adapt to ever changing priorities
• Must be tactful and conscientious
• Ability to work on own initiative with an eye for detail
• Manual handling part of the role
Education and Experience:
• Previous experience of a similar role
• Effective level of literacy and numeracy
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available.