Our client has an opportunity for an experienced legal secretary to join their small but busy and professional team.
You will be working predominantly at Partner level but will also offer secretarial and administrative support to the other fee earners.
The working hours of the role will be Monday to Friday 9am to 5.00pm.
• Opening/closing/storage and retrieval of files
• Liaising with clients, solicitors and courts
• Managing files throughout the transaction
• Audio typing/copy typing
• Ensuring all client details are kept up to date
• Using the Case Management System and other computer packages as appropriate
• Ensuring key dates are met
• Diary management
• Database Management
• Emailing, scanning, copying and faxing;
• Completing legal forms
• Amending documents and formatting
• Obtaining and checking proof of ID
• Any other ad-hoc tasks as required
The appropriate candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
• An understanding of Family law procedures
• Excellent telephone manner
• Ability to prioritise and multi-task
• Fast, accurate typing skills
• Good knowledge of Outlook and Microsoft Word or equivalent including Track Changes
• Confident using Case Management systems
• Outstanding organisational skills
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Excellent communication, ability to converse with a diverse range of people at all levels
• Understand the importance of confidentiality
• Able to use initiative
• Committed to maintaining high standards of client care
• Calm under pressure under pressure, reliable and proactive
• Positive attitude, can-do attitude
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available.