Our client is looking for a Family Law Legal Secretary to join the team. You will assist with the day-to-day smooth running of the office by assisting with general administrative tasks, typing of digital dictation and providing support for the Fee Earners, to ensure an efficient service is delivered to all clients. In addition you will ensure the needs of clients are met to the highest standard whilst adopting the Solicitors Code of Conduct and adhering to our policies and procedures.
Your key duties will be:
• Provide full PA / Legal Secretary support to a Fee Earner who could be the Managing Director / a Director or a Solicitor.
• Correspondence management for Fee Earner including email management.
• Transcription of audio/digital typing and copy typing.
• Providing initial support but no advice to potential clients over the telephone.
• Discussing matters with clients and other professionals to secure the desired objectives on behalf of Directors and other Fee Earners when applicable.
• Maintaining files in accordance with the practice’s policies and procedures.
• Attendance of daily / weekly and/or monthly company meetings.
• Maintain confidentiality at all times.
• Dealing with enquiries from potential new clients including obtaining their contact details, what their case is about, conflict checking on the case management system, making appointments or passing the enquiry to Fee Earner where appropriate and explaining necessary documentation required for appointment.
• Deal professionally with general enquiries from clients, solicitors, and other third parties, in person, by e-mail and by telephone.
• Communicate and liaise with other staff within the practice, both on the telephone and in person.
• Assist in obtaining or providing information following instruction from Fee Earner to clients and third parties as is necessary to progress the matter.
Skills and experience you will have:
• Working knowledge of Solicitors Accounts Rules.
• Experience of working within a law practice or in a professional services environment.
• Previously worked in a secretarial/admin capacity in a Family department and has had experience of being able to work on own initiative so as to progress the administration of a matter.
• Has had previous experience of electronic diary management and time recording for a team and working on own initiative to be able to progress procedures within the team.
• Has experience of a case/document management system.
• Previous exposure to family law.
• Competence with word and excel.
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available.