Our client is looking for a Float Secretary to join their busy but friendly team.
This role will provide you with a wide range of responsibilities supporting various partners and fee earners covering holiday, sickness absence and overflow across the office. You will be expected to work in a variety of different departments, to include but not limited to Residential and Commercial Property, Private Client, Litigation, Employment and Family.
• Opening/closing/storage and retrieval of files in accordance with procedures;
• Audio typing/copy typing;
• Ensuring all client details are kept up to date;
• Using Case Management Systems, Land Registry Portal, SDLT, Outlook, Excel and other computer packages as appropriate;
• Diary managements including booking meeting rooms;
• Liaising with clients, solicitors face to face or by telephone;
• Scanning, copying and faxing;
• Completing legal forms;
• Amending documents and formatting;
• Obtaining and checking proof of ID;
• Any other ad-hoc tasks as required.
The appropriate candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
• Previous experience working as a legal secretary
• Excellent telephone manner;
• Ability to prioritise and multi-task in a busy environment;
• Fast and accurate typing skills;
• Outstanding organisational skills;
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail;
• Excellent communication;
• Understand the importance of confidentiality;
• Able to use initiative;
• A commitment to maintain high client care standards;
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available.