Our client has a vacancy for a Health & Safety Risk Assessment Advisor to work full time. Initially this role is offered as a 6-month fixed term contract. You should be NEBOSH, or IOSH Managing Safely or higher with an engineering / manufacturing background. This role reports into the H & S Manager.
You will need to understand the fundamental processes for health and safety and investigating accidents and incidents. In addition, you will roll out a simple risk assessment process that is understood by all employees and contractors to have an effect on improving health and safety performance.
In addition, you will:
Review current safe working practices and risk assessments
Look after and take ownership of risk assessment management making sure they are prepared and executed to the team - they are looking for continual improvement.
Must be resilient and be able to work alongside line managers.
• Risk Assessment experience
• Able to produce a Safe System of Work from a Risk Assessment
• Able to deliver in conjunction with the Supervisor the required training / briefing from the Safe System of Work and record the training on the area approved person training record
• Able to work with a variety of persons with different levels of understanding of Risk Assessments and their contents
• Advise on best practice
• Good document control and literary skills
• Attend Health & Safety Committee meetings to provide progress updates and highlight where issues have been encountered or identified
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available.