Our client has a permanent vacancy for Head of Data Governance. This role will be responsible for the creation, execution and governance of the company’s data strategy.
Key will be the architecting and compliance aligning with UK and global business direction and strategy. It will contribute to the design of business processes in respect of ensuring consistent data flow around the business with a focus on Master Data Management, the compliance of systems in terms of GDPR and data policies and ensure the business is able to create consistent data that is integrated providing accurate reporting, BI and analytics. Experience and knowledge of Data Strategy and supporting methodologies and tools is essential.
Key area of focus are;
▪ Development of data architectures, procedures, policies and governance models to meet industry, compliance and security standards, including GDPR
▪ Design of the delivery models and capabilities in order to ensure the reporting, BI and Analytics needs of customers and our business can be delivered to an agreeable SLA.
▪ Ensure that the data quality across the business if of a high standard – aligned with the needs of the related departments and customers.
▪ Ensure the appropriate data management, systems, processes, visualisation and BI/Analytics tools are in place – and developed in line with business needs
▪ Be the company evangelist for data management, compliance and engagement, deploying necessary education programmes to staff
▪ This is a senior management position and needs to ensure the highest levels of company and team direction, collaboration and engagement.
Data Strategy: Define and execute the data strategy for the UK business; operations, functions and customer solutions, including compliance focus and content
▪ Architecture: Define the architecture for data solutions based on data flow, availability, automation and consistency.
▪ System Management: Define and deliver a roadmap ensuring that the right systems and processes are in place utilising both internal development and 3rd party tools. What a commercial framework would look like against the value of a centre of excellence.
▪ Product and System Architecture & Development: work closely with the Product and IT development team, ensuring all data related items are properly defined and prioritised and ready to be undertaken on future development sprints
▪ Data Quality: Design and lead the data quality strategy, including diagnosis, identification, prioritisation and cleansing; execution across the functions, systems and related data entities.
▪ Compliance: Liaising with the rest of the data compliance stakeholders, (Internal control, Legal, Cybersecurity etc) identify, prioritise and lead all tasks and recommendations in relation to data compliance
▪ Data-Driven Culture: Ensure that all relevant data users have a clear understanding and access to necessary data pools. Ensure user training plans are in place and evangelise best practices across the company
▪ Data Monetisation: Identify and co-lead (with product team) the efforts to monetise data. Providing the business areas high value data monetisation user cases, as well as their potential implementation strategy
▪ Team Management: Manage and develop the Data Unit Team to effectively deliver the data strategy
Degree level educated or Equivalent technology/data qualifications
Previous experience – 7+ years of experience in a data management role with a focus on systems, governance, compliance and BI
Leads by example – 7+ years previous experience in managing and leading data strategy
Strategic mindset – Ability to think strategically and deliver project goals
Logical – Ability to demonstrate consistently balanced good judgement and logical thought prioritisation
Data Driven Mindset – ability to focus on the science and data behind performance
Security Conscious: Building on compliance to ensure security is considered in all areas of data processing and management.
Great communicator – ability to build close-knit relationships with key stakeholders; internal and external
Positive and proactive – glass half-full attitude, with great initiative
Driven and passionate – passionate at the prospect of working with one of the largest global brands
Flexible and responsible - not put off by a fast-paced environment and tight deadlines
A real team player – willing to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in
GDPR background and solid understanding of compliance and controls
Master Data Management approaches and tools
Datamart, data warehouse principles and solutions
Data Management and Data Solution Architecting
Innovation and change management
Working with BI & Analytic tools (Preference for QLIK-Sense and related QLIK architectures and tools knowledge)
Good working knowledge of MS-365, Azure, ETL, SQL, REST, JSON, API’s environments
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available.