Our client has a vacancy for a Health & Safety, Facilities and Compliance Officer. With an immediate start, this is a 6 month Fixed Term Contract, working full time.
To manage and monitor standards, policies, processes, communications, training and systems to ensure all responsibilities associated with Health and Safety are adhered to.
To co-ordinate, support and advise with regards to Health and Safety.
Works closely with all members of the management team and others to ensure that responsibilities are effectively and consistently carried out.
Assists with a broad range of service functions providing support to the organization for all activities related to the maintenance of the building, business loss prevention/interruption, health and safety, security, and waste management.
• Ensure a safe workplace environment without risk to health.
• Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are reviewed, updated and communicated.
• Co-ordinate the development of health & safety policies, systems of work and procedures.
• Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting.
• Ensure the completion and regular review of all assessments for all work operations and equipment.
• Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented.
• Ensure that safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, safety inspections, risk assessments and working procedures are managed and employees are aware of their responsibilities.
• Ensure full and accurate health and safety and training records are maintained.
• Establish a full programme of documented health & safety inspections, audits and checks.
• Establish a structured programme of health & safety training throughout the Company.
• Manage and devise the agenda for Health & Safety Committee meetings. Ensure that all agreed action points are completed within deadlines.
• Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant health, safety & welfare at work legislation and communicate relevant changes to the business.
• Provide regular reports to Human Resources, Directors/Senior Management Team on relevant health and safety activities / training/ accidents / near misses etc.
• Participate in monthly meetings when required to report on relevant health & safety matters.
• Liaise with suppliers as well as Insurers, Trades, Solicitors etc.
• 2-3 years recent and relevant experience in a similar role
• Experience of formulating, implementing and revising H&S policies and procedures
• “A” Level Education
• NEBOSH (General Certificate) qualified or working towards NEBOSH certificate accreditation preferred
• NEBOSH Environmental Certificate COSHH NEBOSH Diploma Member of institute of Occupational Safety & Health (IOSH) preferred
• Trained Provision of advice to managers/supervisors Handling of H&S investigations
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available.