Our client has a permanent vacancy for an IT Helpdesk Manager to be responsible for providing 2nd/3rd line technical support and administration for the development and implementation of the firms IT systems & applications. The post is also responsible for ensuring that the IT systems are always available and reliable, whilst monitoring the service desk systems and ensuring full optimisation and performance is available within the hardware and virtual infrastructure.
The IT Helpdesk Manager will be expected to manage the Helpdesk Technician, ensuring a high level of service and support is being delivered to their internal customers. The role will ensure that all support tickets are closed within the agreed SLA’s and that the technicians time is recorded against their assigned work.
They are looking for an IT Helpdesk Manager to take control of the helpdesk function, identify areas which can be improved and implement better processes and procedures to deliver improvements.
• Supervise the administration of the firms IT systems;
• Monitoring the IT systems and taking pre-emptive action where necessary, to resolve problems before users are affected;
• Administration of the network, including switches and firewalls;
• To be responsible for the management of the IT Helpdesk;
• To supervise the Helpdesk Engineer;
• Monitor all calls and activity on the helpdesk ensuring that the targets stated in the Service Level Agreement are adhered to;
• To be responsible for the creation and updating of documentation relating to the IT helpdesk and the IT systems;
• To be responsible for the administration and monitoring of all system backups;
• To research and recommend changes to software and hardware which will improve overall on-going performance of the IT systems;
• To participate and, where applicable, lead in the firm’s IT projects;
• Make recommendations for IT solutions which will benefit the Firm;
• To ensure the most appropriate hardware and software is purchased, installed and configured at individual workstations and all IT equipment that a user requires;
• Researching better IT practices and ways of making the IT systems run smoother;
• Keeping abreast of current technological enhancements.
This is a hands on role, and will require experience working with desktop and server technologies including: Windows (Server and Desktop), Active Directory, Exchange Server, VMware, and Citrix.
The post holder must also have experience working with hardware and Microsoft Office.
Exposure to supporting Microsoft SQL Server, Mitel Telephone Systems, SAN storage and networking (Firewall, LAN Switching, TCP/IP, LAN, DNS, DHCP and RADIUS) will also be advantageous
• Proficient in 2nd line support
• Proven technical knowledge and experience of Microsoft Technologies including Exchange Server and Windows Server environments
• Proven technical knowledge and experience of VMWare and Citrix Virtualisation infrastructure
• Hands-on technical experience of networking and telecoms systems
• Excellent customer service skills
• Microsoft Certified IT Professional or equivalent
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience operating within a SLA controlled helpdesk environment
• Experience in managing support staff, scheduling their work on a daily basis, answering and closing support tickets, setting SLA’s and implementing best practice like ITIL.
• Assist or lead the implementation of IT projects
• A broad understanding of computer systems, applications and operating systems
• Experience of liaising with third parties both as suppliers and outsourced service providers
It is desirable to have the following:
• Educated to degree level in Computer Science or related field
• ITIL Foundation
• MCSA or equivalent
• Hands-on technical experience of Mac OS X based and Linux based systems
• Previous experience supporting Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and 2008
• Previous experience supporting Mitel MiVoice Business
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available.