Our client has a vacancy for a Junior Buyer to lead, support and assist the entire procurement life cycle of Goods and Services across the business. This role is offered as a 9 month fixed term contract, working 35 hours per week.
• Ensure best practice commercial management of contracts which supports business policies procedures and objectives.
• Assist service areas with options appraisals and the devising of specifications
• Undertake assigned procurements from point of going to the market to award of contract
• Oversee the preparation and revision of contracts that involve the procurement of goods and services
• Manage all contracts within allocated contract categories
• Manage contract amendments to ensure compliancy and management of risk and cost
• Production of management information for SMT to include database standards
• Maintain an audit file for each contract which will include original contract, all correspondence, changes/deviations, amendments, clarifications, payment schedules
• Work closely with relevant stakeholders to ensure category is appropriately managed
• Finalisation of agreements, modification and negotiation of terms and conditions to optimise value, flexibility and to reduce risk
• Maintaining detailed information relating to vendors, market conditions, performance and risk
• To provide analysis of user requirements to ensure tender specifications are commercially fit for purpose
• Able to efficiently and effectively prioritise tasks
• Good attention to detail
• Possess good communication skills, verbal and written
• Effective negotiation and wider soft skills for use internally and externally
• “Can do” attitude
• High level of computer literacy, including a comprehensive understanding of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
• High personal integrity and a desire to be personally accountable for delivering effective outcomes
• Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply qualification (CIPS) is advantageous
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available.