Our client has a permanent full time vacancy for a Legal Assistant/Paralegal to meet the needs and provide assistance in the Dispute Resolution/Employment department.
Duties and responsibilities
• Dealing with general client enquiries where possible.
• Opening and closing files
• Using the Case Management System
• Preparing documents
• Printing and collating documentation
• Creating bundles
• Preparing Schedules of Costs
• Producing Financial Statements and Bills
• Ensuring key dates are met
• Diary management of two Solicitors
• Liaising with clients and solicitors
• Telephone chasing
• Filing and post
• Arranging appointments
• Copying, faxing and e-mail
• Typing/Word Processing as and when required
• Legal Research
• Other areas of the lawyers’ roles where specific assistance is required.
• Wherever and whenever possible, using best endeavours to promote the firm.
• Encourage new clients to the firm.
The appropriate candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
Understanding of law
Knowledge of legal procedures
Computer skills to include a good working knowledge of the Microsoft Suite
Adaptability and flexibility
Organisation and prioritisation
Professional telephone manner and good people skills
Accuracy and attention to detail
Excellent communication, ability to converse with a diverse range of people at all levels
Honesty, integrity and reliability
Conscientious and methodical
Steadiness under pressure
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available.