Our client has a vacancy for a Legal Cashier to provide an efficient accounts and cashiering service to the fee-earners and staff working within the cashiering team. Applications will be considered for full or part time work.
• Deliver practical services of outstanding quality that are focused on the Client’s needs.
• Reconcile the firm's client and office bank accounts on a daily basis.
• Deal with any queries arising from the bank reconciliations and ensure appropriate actions are taken.
• Assist with CHAPS – dealing with incoming and outgoing payments. To ensure CHAPS payments are checked thoroughly before sending (amounts, bank sort codes, bank names and correct authorised signatures). Checking CHAPS movements at various intervals throughout the day by way of a net position.
• Process department bills, checking all disbursements and expenses are picked up and VAT and addition is correct. Input bills onto the computer and sure balances are correct. Ensuring correct database address is accepted for Credit Control purposes.
• Receive cheques, TT’s, cash, etc. Post to client ledgers, check that indents comply with Solicitor Accounts Rules.
• Check all transactions and correct where necessary.
• Prepare cheques as requested by fee-earners. Check indents with computer balances and compliance with Solicitors Accounts Rules. Print cheques using computer cheque writing facility.
• Control of Petty Cash accounts using the Imprest system. Reconcile to the computer, cash box and book. Any differences should be reported immediately.
• Using the interest calculator on the system, calculate and post interest as required.
• Ensure that a high level of security is maintained at all times.
• Dealing with reports to show credits in office account, client to office transfers.
• Dealing with any Land Registry/Search Companies invoices to ensure correct departments are charged.
• To action daily interbank transfers via Business Master II System.
• To deal with posting receipts, payments and transfers, then reconcile as statements are received.
• To deal with foreign transactions, ensure BBM download is completed, inputting, authorising and transmitting payments, ensure transaction is posted to the correct ledger.
• Keep filing of all paperwork up-to-date on a daily basis, in a logical order enabling ANYONE to find the relevant information instantly.
• Undertake any other reasonable duties as required.
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available.