Our client has a full time vacancy for a Legal Secretary to provide an efficient secretarial service to the Firm, across a variety of departments. Initially offered as a temporary role, this is likely to become permanent. Previous experience as a Legal Secretary with commercial property is desirable, but not essential.
The role as Legal Secretary:
• To deliver practical Legal Secretary services of outstanding quality that are focused on the Client's needs.
• Type letters to banks, clients, companies, solicitors and the courts, taking care to check and proof read carefully
• Under the supervision of a fee-earner, compose straightforward letters.
• Type/complete legal documents and forms and complete routine searches under supervision.
• Answer the telephone in a professional manner, put calls through to the fee-earner quickly and efficiently and take accurate messages when the fee-earner is engaged or absent
• Perform accounts related duties, e.g. complete new client/matter forms, calculate and type bills, organise paperwork for raising cheques and expenses, request computer printouts.
• General and routine office duties, such as, photocopying and filing, etc.
• To be trained on reception and cover as and when required.
• To undertake any other reasonable duties as required.
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available.