Our client has a vacancy for a Legal Secretary to provide secretarial and administrative support to help legal teams deliver great service to their clients. This role will be part of the Real Estate team.
You will provide a high quality secretarial service to the fee earners within the Residential Property team. You will be dealing with requests for deeds, obtaining correct authorities, scheduling and the organisation of either collection or distribution of the same. You will also complete SDLT applications, Land Registry applications and assist the fee earners on client updates and reports.
This is a high volume, fast-paced environment and will suit someone with solid experience, who thrives under pressure. This opportunity can be offered on either full time hours (37 hours per week), or part time hours.
Your key duties will be:
• providing timely and effective support to requests for assistance from members of the team
• the accurate production and amendments by tracked changes of correspondence and documentation, including the use of digital dictation
• attending to clients in person and on the phone, taking messages and assisting, where appropriate
• using a case management system to process and progress files
• managing file opening, closing and archiving
• dealing with setting up of funds and completion monies being sent to other organisations/clients
• dealing with Land Registry applications and post completion matters
• producing bills and other financial administration
• managing diaries for the team, planning and organising meetings and making travel arrangements
• organising and maintaining departmental filing systems and document storage
• photocopying, scanning, faxing, printing, filing and other general administrative tasks
Skills and experience you will have:
• at least 12 months’ secretarial experience ideally gained in residential conveyancing matters
• fast and accurate keyboard skills
• confidence with IT systems to include Microsoft Word, and Excel
• a minimum grade C pass at GCSE (or equivalent) in English Language and Mathematics
Key competencies you will need:
• the ability to work well in a team and develop good working relationships with colleagues and others
• confident interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise openly and clearly with colleagues and clients
• to be able to produce a high standard of work, often to tight deadlines, whilst maintaining accuracy and good attention to detail
• the ability to prioritise well and be able to cope with changing demands
• the ability to demonstrate professionalism, flexibility, initiative and self confidence
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available.