Our client has a permanent vacancy for a Manufacturing Shift Manager to be responsible for managing the manufacturing process and production staff meeting all cost, quality, delivery and safety targets set by the Company, efficiently and consistently. The Manufacturing Shift Manager drives performance, productivity improvements and develops both machine and staff utilisation lowering the company’s CPU. You will be working day shift 6am – 6pm on a rotating shift pattern.
• Effectively manage all operations to ensure KPI’s targets and business objectives are met and maintained within production, quality, cost, delivery.
• Provide leadership and direction to all Manufacturing Shift Team Leaders and operatives in all aspects of the manufacturing operation.
• Ensure operations are conducted in compliance with LSI global quality specifications, whilst meeting customer SLA’s.
• Organise and facilitate daily Team Leader meetings, ensuring effective and relevant communications throughout all areas of responsibility, prioritising workloads and ensuring maximum process efficiency
• Review and develop continuous improvement, leading and participating in working parties to involve and engage staff, with an aim to increase efficiency and reduce costs. Have full involvement in their implementation and success minimising downtime while increasing UPLH.
• Responsible for yield improvement & non- value-added process reduction
• Initiate and implement best practice process, techniques and drive lean manufacturing and 5S
• Create innovative solutions to problems and opportunities to increase productivity
• Work alongside the other 3 Manufacturing Shift Managers to ensure correct manning levels, holiday cover where applicable and identify cross functional training needs for development of all shop floor staff and Team Leaders, completing training records to the required standard.
• Ensure there is an appropriate level of multi-skilled colleagues to perform tasks in an effective and efficient manner.
• Develop others to support the site talent and succession plan
• Organising shift cover when required, providing flexible working requirements to achieve KPI’s and carry out return to work discussions with team members returning from sickness
• Continually look to develop staff within the section to ensure that staff are fully utilising their skills
• Update Manufacturing Shift Team Leaders on required targets / rates, and quality checks, providing training and feedback, acting on poor performance where required
• Measurement of Quality, Cost, Delivery and People and produce statistic reports
• Accurately complete full duty handover to the next Manufacturing Shift Manager – days to nights and nights to days.
• Ensure all activities on site are carried out in a safe manner, in line with policies, ensuring that all Health, Safety and Environmental statutory requirements are met
• Encouraging a total safety culture using observation and feedback techniques, and implementing improvements.
• Ensure consistency in the application of the companies disciplinary, grievance and absence procedures
• Ensure appraisals and reviews are effectively carried out with staff.
• Record accident information as required, followed by, completing any incident reports; carrying out follow-up investigations
• Ensures compliance to all other HR Policies & Procedures
Skills and Experience
• Good interpersonal, leadership and motivation skills
• Experience working in a FMCG environment or any exposure of fast pace manufacturing operation
• Good knowledge of Continuous improvement & the Lean Principles
• Good awareness of supply chain
• Ability to delegate
• Possess safety qualification preferable IOSH or NEBOSH
• Be computer literate
• Excellent communicational skills are required at all levels; both verbally and written, with specific emphasis on:
o An ability to carry out team briefings, participate in detailed shift handovers and write concise reports
• Experience with co-ordinating and supervising work activities including shift personnel
• Must be able to demonstrate good organisational skills
• Have a willingness to operate flexibly over a wide range of work areas
• Ability to think logically and solve problems effectively and efficiently
• HNC or equivalent
• At least 5 years’ experience as a Manufacturing Shift Manager or similar position
• At least 5 years’ experience working with a Warehouse / Production / Distribution
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available.