Our client has a permanent, part time vacancy for a Legal Secretary to provide an efficient secretarial service. The role is working Wednesday to Friday, 9am to 5pm with one hour for lunch. Experience with Employment matters is desirable, but not essential.
• To deliver practical services of outstanding quality that are focused on the Client's needs.
• To type correspondence and legal documents to solicitors, companies and Clients relating to Employment matters.
• To answer the telephone professionally, taking accurate messages from Clients and other contacts.
• To file correspondence and documents each day, returning the files to the cabinets.
• To deal with all enquires made by a Client in the absence of the Solicitor.
• To make appointments on behalf of the Solicitor when requested and to service meetings including the booking of conference rooms and provision of refreshments for the Solicitor and any visitors and Clients.
• To liaise with other members of staff in setting up meetings etc.
• To be flexible in covering for other secretaries' absence.
• To be trained on reception.
• To undertake any other reasonable duties as required.
• Working within a legal secretarial environment – 12 months minimum
• Fast accurate typing skills
• Audio typing experience
• Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise work
• Professional telephone manner
• Good educational background
• English GCSE (or equivalent)
• Typing to RSA II standard
• Willingness to work outside normal hours when necessary
• Good sense of humour
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available.