Our client has a permanent vacancy for a Purchasing Administrator to join the team. You will assist in maximising stock availability and to ensure accuracy of expected stock availability data.
• Submit all new purchase orders to suppliers
• Liaise with Finance Team and arrange manager approval to ensure all suppliers, which do not have terms, are paid accordingly, including arranging for deposits and samples payments.
• Maintain a spreadsheet for outstanding orders and payments on Own Brand suppliers.
• Check pricing and dates on all confirmations/PI, liaise with the team to ensure any discrepancies (qty/price/date) are resolved in advance of agreeing to confirmations and signing PI.
• Monitor delivery and shipping information and update order status add all supplier correspondence on our main operating system
• Progress chase orders and communicate with suppliers to ensure on-time delivery
• Prepare consignments to enable receipt of goods, checking supplier pricing and quantity shipped against purchase orders. All discrepancies must be resolved prior to the delivery arriving.
• Ensure all required shipping documentation is provided by suppliers.
• Follow up and resolve delivery discrepancies, including chasing for debit/credit notes
• Produce and distribute in stock reports and order trackers as required
Skills relating to role
• Strong Excel skills
• Excellent communicator
• Excellent organisation and time management skills, ability to prioritise efficiently
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available.