Our client has a requirement for a Purchasing Assistant with previous experience within a purchasing team.
You will assist the Procurement Manager in the management of the Supplier Base. Building
long-term relationships with high quality suppliers, ensuring they comply with the Company’s
approval standards. Ensuring the procurement function within the Company is operating
efficiently and effectively.
The main duties of the role are:
• Establish and maintain purchasing policies and procedures
• Raising of purchase orders
• Management of Contracts
• Initiate purchasing projects
• Negotiation of best price, delivery and service for purchased requirements
The Ideal candidate will have:
• Technical/apprentice background
• Good communication skills
• Knowledge of Movex or similar software
• A “can do” attitude and willing to learn.
• Team player.
• Good Microsoft Office skills – Excel, Word and Emails
• Negotiation skills
• Looking for a career in Purchasing attending College / courses.
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available.