Our client has a permanent vacancy for a Receptionist/Administration Assistant required to provide reception and administrative support in their Luton office. The hours are 9am to 5.15pm, Monday to Friday.
You will deliver a professional, efficient service and to create a warm and welcoming environment to clients. An excellent telephone manner with first class interpersonal skills is essential to the role. A proactive approach and the ability to use your initiative are key to the smooth running of the office.
Duties and responsibilities:
• To answer incoming calls promptly and transfer to the relevant individual;
• Welcome clients to the office and attend to their needs;
• Organise and prepare meeting rooms;
• Sign in and out all visitors to the office;
• Attending to incoming/outgoing post;
• Archiving files and arranging retrieval and return of files from our off-site storage company;
• Updating database with relevant file information;
• Banking duties including taking paying in books to the bank;
• Process credit/debit card payments;
• Typing daily returns for the accounts department;
• To regularly check and order stationery as required;
• Photocopying, printing and scanning;
• Making maintenance calls when phones/photocopiers break down;
• General maintenance of the phone system;
• Provide refreshments to clients when required;
• Run errands as and when required;
• Other admin tasks and manage office facilities.
Skills and Attributes
The appropriate candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
• Professional telephone manner with exceptional customer care standards;
• Excellent people skills;
• Basic computer skills (including working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook);
• Organisation and prioritisation;
• Accuracy and attention to detail;
• Problem-solving abilities;
• Positive attitude;
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available.