Our client has a vacancy for a Senior Legal Cashier to provide an efficient accounts and cashiering service to the fee-earners and staff working within the finance team. It is essential that you have previous experience as a Legal Cashier within a professional services organisation.
In addition to general legal cashier work you will supervise the small team of cashiers.
Area of experience required
• Solicitors Accounts Rules (SAR’s)
• Legal Accounts Software
• Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Access)
• Cheque production out of office and client account
• Daily banking
• Transfer of funds using the CHAPS/BACS system
• Producing invoices
• Ability to draft simple correspondence unsupervised
• Confidence and ability to communicate at senior levels and to liaise with all parties both internal and external
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop a good rapport with all internal and external clients
• Team player able to fit into a friendly but busy unit
• Excellent organisational ability with a friendly but professional attitude
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines particularly at month end and financial year end
• Confidently produce accounts related documents (i.e. cheques etc) and related information
• Confidently manage money laundering duties in compliance with procedures and/or money laundering regulations
• Ability to respect confidentiality of work carried out.
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available.