Our client has a permanent vacancy for a Senior Management Accountant to be responsible for the delivery of accurate month end accounts to group reporting deadlines. They would consider a reduced working week i.e. 4 days or 30 hours although the successful candidate will need to be in the office for financial deadlines e.g. month end and would need to be flexible enough to change their working pattern to accommodate this need (Salary would be pro-rated).
Key Responsibility Areas
• Working closely with the FD and other members of the Finance team to produce an accurate set of management accounts to group reporting deadlines.
• Prepare variance analysis and commentary between actual and budget for the periodic reporting
• Provide a set of measures for reporting to the local senior management team on a monthly basis
• Preparation of Statutory accounts
• Checking Corporation tax returns for the company prepared by tax professionals.
• Quarterly VAT returns
• Analysis of financial data and production of reports to assist with business decisions and future strategy.
• Assisting in preparation of the annual Budget.
• Monitoring and control of weekly cash flow for the business, overseeing payment terms and credit control to ensure cash position maximised.
• Monitor capital spend and submit project requests including payback calculations.
• Maintenance of the Fixed Asset Register
• Transfer Pricing
• To provide cover for the Cost accountant
• Educated to degree level although strong experience supported by relevant qualifications are seen as equivalent.
• Qualified Accountant (eg CIMA, ACCA, ACA)
• Minimum of 5 years in a Financial Accountant role, working in a manufacturing industry
• Word & Excel – Advanced, proficient using PowerPoint
• IT systems knowledge of several platforms
• Comprehensive knowledge of accounting standards and procedures
• Proven analytical and decision making skills.
• SAP knowledge
• System implementation experience
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available.