Our client operates within the professional services sector and has a vacancy for a Software Developer with broad technical interests to join their IT Team. The Software Developer will have a commitment to good engineering, be self-motivated as well as comfortable managing relationships and outsourced development teams, as and when required. You will be working alongside an experienced IT Team to help with the delivery of improvements as the firm moves its systems and technologies forward.
You will need to have:
• Strong knowledge developing C#.NET, HTML, CSS and SQL
• A significant understanding of ASP.NET/Web Applications, MS Visual Studio, MS SQL Server/SSRS and Powershell
• Ability to write stored procedures, write complex SQL queries, and ability to analyse SQL data
• An understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
• Good understanding of IT systems and infrastructure
• Delivery of new features and enhancements in an efficient and timely manner.
• Identify improvements in existing architecture and code to continuously refactor and evolve the product you are working on.
• Working with the other business areas to identify business needs and create solutions, changes and fixes as required.
• Assist the IT Helpdesk team to provide support and maintenance of business applications, with focus on developing preventative, rather than corrective fixes.
• Responsible for the uptime, stability, security and scalability of the developed solutions.
• Ensure appropriate documentation is created and maintained for all system developments, including the creation of software requirements documentation (SRS).
• Administer and maintain developed solutions in accordance with the needs of the business.
• Provide technical and end-user support for developed solutions.
• Ensure a rapid response to all problems, ideas, issues and queries raised.
• Develop implementation plans which may be required to deal with complex requests for change, evaluating any risks to the integrity of the infrastructure.
• Support other members of the IT Team.
• Occasional travel to other offices will be necessary.
• Self-motivated with the ability to prioritise, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities.
• Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment.
• Willingness to work occasionally outside of normal business hours.
• Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
• Strong communication skills in order to successfully explain complex IT concepts to
• Ability to influence others
• Attention to detail
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available.