Our client has a permanent vacancy for a Supply Chain Manager to lead the Planning, Core Purchasing, Logistics, Supply Chain functions ensuring accuracy, efficiency and timeliness in the movement of materials through the E2E supply chain. Using pertinent KPIs to ensure internal and external SLAs are adhered to and that a Continuous Improvement culture is embedded within the entire team.
• To oversee the planning function and provide maximum availability of materials at all times whilst maintaining optimum stock levels. Placing purchase orders as required.
• To oversee the Logistic Service Centre maintaining the integrity of data within SAP, ensuring that notifications, OCM etc. transactions are updated promptly and accurately.
• To oversee that customer requirements are satisfied in line with agreed parameters on time and in the most cost effective manner.
• To support negotiations and performance with the Company’s partners and service providers.
• To prepare departmental KPIs linked to Company strategy and departmental objectives and use to manage performance.
• To support the identification of continuous improvement opportunities and manage the identification of root cause developing measures to both achieve and sustain improvement.
• To develop, test and review SOP’s within the supply chain ensuring adherence to process.
• To support the budgeting and annual planning processes as required, control costs against the agreed budget.
• To promote cross-training within the team to enable cover for holiday / sickness / out of office.
• To communicate professionally and efficiently both internally and externally
• To complete direct report PDRs, identifying training requirements, requesting training as required and maintain the departmental training matrix.
• A relevant qualification in supply chain management e.g. CIPS, CILT etc.
• Extensive proven management experience in a large multi-functional supply chain role.
• Experienced in managing and motivating staff to include succession planning
• IT literate (MS Office), SAP advantageous
• A lateral thinker with the ability to solve problems and make decisions/offer solutions.
• Strong planning skills coupled with a logical and systematic approach to tasks
• Excellent relationship management skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with internal/external customers
• Experienced in working within a continuous improvement culture.
• Ability to prioritise, work to strict deadlines and under pressure.
• Proven track record of managing a large multi-disciplined team that surpasses service level agreements and drives a professionalism and continuous improvement culture
• Full driving licence and passport for European travel.
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available.