Our client has a vacancy for a full time Commercial Property Legal Secretary to provide an efficient secretarial service to Solicitors within the Commercial Property department in Milton Keynes. You will require previous commercial conveyancing experience and good audio-typing skills.
To deliver practical services of outstanding quality that are focused on the Client's needs.
2. Type letters to banks, clients, companies, solicitors and the courts, taking care to check and proof read carefully
3. Prepare all letters and forms and make calls chasing information/documents
4. Type/complete legal documents and forms
5. Preparation of Land Registry forms and submitting them on the Land Registry portal and ordering official copies, bankruptcy searches, full searches, OS1 and OS2 searches.
6. Prepare Stamp Duty Land Tax Return forms for client signature, together with covering letter
7. Prepare Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 Statutory Declaration and Notice
8. Obtain Indemnity Insurance quotes, put on risk and pay invoice
9. Complete searches
10. Register charges at Companies House
11. File opening and closing.
12. Diary management and organising meetings (plus providing refreshments as necessary).
13. Checking emails and keeping matters progressing when fee earners are on holiday/away from the office
14. Answer the telephone in a professional manner, put calls through to the fee-earner quickly and efficiently and take accurate messages when the fee-earner is engaged or absent
15. Perform accounts related duties, e.g. complete new client/matter forms, calculate and type bills, organise paperwork for raising cheques and expenses, request computer printouts.
16. General and routine office duties, such as, photocopying and filing, etc.
17. To be trained on reception and cover as needed.
18. To undertake any other reasonable duties as required.
Skills / Experience
Previous commercial property experience.
Qualifications / Education
Good educational background
Quick, accurate typist
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available.