Our client has a permanent vacancy for an experienced Facilities and Health & Safety Manager to lead the day-to-day activities within their Facilities team. This is an exciting, new opportunity and the successful candidate will have responsibility for facilities, health & safety and environmental management across all their office locations.
Candidates must have at least 5 years’ management experience in facilities and health & safety together with a good understanding of environmental issues.
• Responsible for property and facilities management across of all of offices, including in relation to shared serviced office in London;
• Deliver all elements of facilities maintenance and services to meet regulatory requirements and business objectives;
• Maintaining a safe, tidy, secure and professional working environment across all offices
• Ensuring that buildings/properties are compliant with legislative requirements (to the extent that this is not a landlord obligation in leased properties);
• Responsible for monitoring health and safety risk and hazards in the work place;
• Ensuring the business is legally compliant with all health and safety legislation and meets all statutory obligations relating to health, safety and welfare at work, including ensuring a safe system of work and safe working environment across the business (including for employees who are working from home);
• Responsible for completing and regularly reviewing risk assessments for all work equipment and operations, retaining records as required of actions taken;
• Developing and executing health and safety plans in the workplace and implementing a health and safety management system across the business;
• Working with the partner with oversight of the environmental strategy to minimise impact on the environment, create and implement an environmental management plan/policy and investigate environmental initiatives that would improve impact on the environment and achieve the environmental objectives;
• Liaising with the HR team in relation to employee well-being
Minimum of 5 years’ experience successfully managing health and safety and facilities within a multi-sited operation or within a business with in excess of 100 employees;
Relevant health and safety qualification – NEBOSH or IOSH or similar – for example, NEBOSH managing safety qualification;
Understanding of health and safety legislation and legal obligations;
Excellent verbal and written communication;
Influencing skills to engage employees in health and safety practices/processes;
Ability to analyse information and present it simply and accurately;
Organisational skills. Ability to prioritise workload;
Hard working with strong attention to detail;
Personable and approachable, with a “can do” attitude.
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available.