Our client has a permanent vacancy for a Finance Support Assistant. This is a customer-facing role that exists to assure that customers receive a professional service, ensuring that they are billed, money is collected, process payments and debt chase on a timely basis. The post holder will need to be customer focused and follow the principals of “delivering”, “enabling”, and “assuring” in their day-to-day duties.
Invoice raising, ensuring that the correct fee is charged and the income posted into the correct GL periods. This includes allocating payment dates in accordance with any agreed payment schedule, ensuring that any customer who is invoiced on a module basis is fully invoiced for all modules taken.
Debt collection - collection of debts. The finance team runs automated reminders at monthly/fortnightly intervals which are followed up with individual emails, phone calls and face-to-face conversations to ensure that the debt policy is adhered to. Manage Temporary Registrations to ensure that these are resolved by the temporary registration end date. Place debts with the debt collecting agency and assist with managing the relationship for placed debts between the agency and the business for example responding to queries and reporting payments direct.
Manage the processing of payments to customers ensuring claims are checked (mileage verified and expenses supported by receipts) and discrepancies resolved. Ensure that the authorisation processes for payments are adhered to and the documents are scanned and attached to the customer accounts.
Setting up direct debit schedules, monitoring and following up on failed collections.
• Assist Internal and External Audit as and when required.
• Debt checks for Services
• Provide quarterly reports on the debt recovery status and possible bad debt provisions required.
• Any other duties as requested by the Line Manager.
• Provide a customer focused service, tracking down any missing paperwork to help resolve customer financial problems.
• previous experience in a Financial role or an Administrative role with some financial responsibility
• Excellent Microsoft skills in Office range (Especially Excel, Word and Outlook)
• Good numeracy and analytical skills and verbally articulate.
• Customer service skills to deal with staff and suppliers.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate verbally both orally and in writing to all queries at all levels.
• Professional manner.
• Experience in a large complex organisation
• Use of large Finance systems Some experience of credit control and sales ledger
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available.