Our client has a vacancy for a Residential Property Paralegal. You will need to have residential property experience and dealing with shared ownership leases, Housing Associations and Help to Buy is preferable.
1. Uploading site packs to online datarooms, and thereafter updating and administrating the datarooms.
2. Compose clear and concise day to day correspondence (telephone, emails and letter) with seller clients and buyer lawyers.
3. Replying to enquiries raised by buyer lawyers (pre-exchange and post-completion), liaising with appropriate development lawyers on difficult enquiries.
4. Preparing engrossment contract documentation; you will not need to deal with substantive drafting but you should have an understanding of the documentation and be able to deal with minor amendments and enquiries thereupon and liaise with more senior lawyers on substantive amendments.
5. Dealing with exchange of contracts, completion of plot sales transfers and leases and dealing with ancillary documents (e.g. management company and service charge).
6. Providing a professional and proactive service to clients, to include updating trackers (in the form, manner and timescales prescribed by them) and occasional client meetings and training.
7. Working collaboratively with team members, so that team absence can be handled seamlessly without affecting clients, and ensuring that the applicable relationship minder is kept broadly appraised of progress and any issues .
8. Time recording and billing, including reviewing monthly accounts reports and matters budgets and discussing with the client relationship minder where it might be appropriate to request fee increase
9. Preparing completion statements.
10. Attend and participate in marketing events hosted for clients as required.
11. Market the firm and the full range of services it offers so far as is possible during events or whilst networking.
• Professional Legal Qualification (CILEX/Law Degree/Paralegal) – desirable but not essential.
• Residential Property experience
• Intermediate to advanced IT and online systems ability (Microsoft Office, legal industry specific document management systems, online portals / datarooms etc.)
• Commercial, practical and financial awareness
• Confidence and ability to communicate at senior levels
• Excellent academics and strong ambition for career development
• Excellent interpersonal and marketing skills with the ability to develop contacts for the team and the firm
• Team player able to fit into a friendly, busy team
• Negotiation skills
• Organisational ability
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available.