Our client has a full time vacancy for a Switchboard Operator to work as part of a small team of
operators placed within the Estates Management department. The Switchboard is responsible for all of the incoming calls both external and internal. The team receive on average 1000 calls per day delivering the highest level of client service. It is a key function to support the core business. Responsibilities of the team include, call handling, outstanding delivery of calls, professional and proficient support to clients and colleagues. To lead by example and performance, delivering and demonstrating the firm’s brand values.
This role is offered as a 2 month fixed term contract.
• All calls to be answered within three rings
• To announce all calls in a professional manner
• To respond to all inbound emails within half an hour
• Be aware and follow the firm’s complaints procedure
• Record out of hours office messages on a national basis to ensure consistency
• Provide BCP support to any office that requires it
• Ensure “right first time delivery" of every incoming call
• To answer all calls, with politeness, proficiency and professionalism at all times
• To report switchboard faults and seek prompt resolution
• Ensure voicemail is checked daily and ensure correct first time delivery of message in person/via email
• Update telephone lists, manage firm wide legal adviser reference allocation and any other administrative tasks as required
• To liaise with local reception teams to share departmental information and staff whereabouts
• To lead by example in all areas of performance and to continuously demonstrate the firms brand values
• To provide Saturday Switchboard cover on a rota basis in the absence of Saturday switchboard operative
• Undertake any other duties deemed reasonable
Skills and qualifications
• Ability to work with minimum supervision – previous experience in a customer service role is required, ideally within a telephony-based role.
• Proactive and inquisitive approach in order to build a good knowledge of the firm's legal products and services
• Strong teamwork skills
• Must be enthusiastic and have a pro-active, innovative approach to getting things done
• Have a passion for providing high standard of customer service
• A team player with the ability to remain calm during busy periods
• Able to work under pressure to achieve agreed targets
• Have the ability to use your initiative, prioritise workloads and make effective decisions
• Energy, drive and enthusiasm as well as pro-active approach to getting things done
• Possess excellent interpersonal skills, strong organisational skills and ability to demonstrate ownership
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available.