Our client has a permanent vacancy for a Transport Planner to join their team. Candidates must possess first rate communication skills with the ability to develop effective working relationships. This role involves close liaison with customers and internal departments on a daily basis. The shift is 11am till 8pm.
Duties to include:
• Working with customers/suppliers/drivers and other traffic desks, planning routes and scheduling delivery times to ensure the smooth running of the operation
• Prioritising workload, route planning driver brief and de-brief
• Liaise with other departments within the Company
• Proactively work to reduce late deliveries and missed time slots
• Strong organisational skills for planning schedules, journeys and loads
• Maintain computerised systems within the department and have the skills to use excel spread sheet
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with people at all levels
• A good understanding of transport regulations currently in force
• Provide general support appropriate to the management when require
• Ensure that the department complies with Health & Safety rules and regulations as set out by the Company and governing bodies
• All vehicle defect reports are completed and checked daily
• Ability to manage change effectively and communicate concisely
• Knowledge of or previous work within the distribution industry is essential
• Knowledge of EU driving hours and WTD is desirable
• High degree of self-motivation, with a resilient, persistent and tenacious approach
• Up to date knowledge of products, technology and regulations are maintained.
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available.